2023 Outlook For Emerging Market Investing
December 7, 2022- 11:00 AM (EST)
Key issues to be addressed:
- China’s reopening: how and when to expect the easing of COVID-zero, and what does reopening look like?
- Can any government policy reawaken the Chinese consumer? Can consumption really drive domestic demand?
- How does the housing recession end? What kind of growth driver will it be in the future?
- Are Chinese stocks, bonds and the currency investable? Are they buys after all the underperformance?
- Earnings growth remains concentrated in a few EM ex-China markets. Will it broaden, and will leadership change?
- Can investors find growth in the EM ex-China equity universe at a reasonable price?
- Is it time to buy Korean and Taiwanese stocks after this year’s massive underperformance?
- Why are EMs resilient to Fed rate hikes, and will they remain so?
- EM currencies outperformed their DM ex-U.S. counterparts. Could this herald upside versus the USD?
- Will EM local-currency bonds continue outperforming their G7 counterparts? Will there be pockets of attractive upside in absolute terms?
The Zoom call details will be forwarded in a calendar invite upon registration.